Here we are, in the midst of the holiday party season. Between my book club’s annual holiday afternoon tea, a holiday wine crawl, cookie exchange and work parties, I’m already stuffing myself with too many cookies and wines! But ’tis the season, right?! What about you? Are you hosting any parties this year? If so, this is the cocktail you need to have.
I enjoyed it at Feast‘s Night Market event where Sokol Blosser served it up (where they also taught folks like me to saber a champagne bottle, amazing!). I admit I’m often intimidated by making cocktails, especially ones with syrups. The spiced pear syrup makes this drink outstanding, but it is surprisingly easy to make. It is worth getting past the intimidation. I promise.
Happy holidays, friends!
Unlikely Pear Cocktail by Anna Moss from La Moule
- 1 oz pisco (Anna prefers Control C Pisco)
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 oz spiced pear syrup*
- 2-3 oz Evolution Sparkling Brut
- 1 dash Fee’s Whiskey Barrel bitters
- Add pisco, lime, spiced pear syrup, and bitters in a shaker.
- Add ice, shake until cold.
- Strain into glass of choice and fill with Evolution Sparkling Brut.
*Spiced Pear Syrup:
- Peel and remove core of 2-6 pears (depending on size and desired amount)
- Puree pears and measure yield
- Add equal amount of sugar to pear puree, with a small amount of water 1-3 oz
- Add 1/8 oz freshly pressed ginger (or a teaspoon of chopped ginger)
- Bring to a boil over stove and promptly remove from heat
- Strain syrup and let cool
Disclaimer: Sokol Blosser provided me with sparkling wine as part of this collaboration. I was not required to write or paid for this post, I just truly think this cocktail is delicious. All thoughts are my own.