Happy National Ice Cream Sandwich Day, everybody!!
Go celebrate this festive occasion by grabbing yourself a tasty ice cream sandwich somewhere delicious. My vote is for Ruby Jewel Treats! 🙂 Delicious home-made ice cream sandwiches sold wholesale around the West Coast and from their awesome “Scoop Shop” retail location in North Portland.
What to Get:
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream with Double Chocolate Cookie Sandwich
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Double Chocolate Cookie Sandwich
- Petunia’s Gluten-Free Cowgirl Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches: Looking for Gluten-Free? Look no further! Ruby Jewel makes sandwiches using Petunia’s delicious Cowgirl cookies!
Oregon Turtle Sundae (available only at the Scoop Shop retail location): “housemade decadent brownies with vanilla bean ice cream, chocolate and dulce sauces, whipped cream, and candied hazelnuts.” YUM.
- Hours at the Scoop Shop retail location: Sun-Thurs: noon – 10pm; Fri-Sat: noon – 11pm
- Wholesale locations: Can’t make it to the Scoop Shop? Find Ruby Jewel sandwiches all across the West Coast including Oregon, Washington, California, Nevada, and even Hawaii. In Oregon, their sandwiches are sold everywhere it seems – Whole Foods, Fred Meyer, Hot Lips Pizza, Zupans, Elephant’s Deli, the list could go on. Check out all of their locations here: http://www.rubyjewel.net/locations
- Farmer’s Market: Pick up a great treat at the Saturday Farmer’s Market in the Southwest Park Blocks near Portland State.