According to some people, the thing that is missing from chocolate chip cookies is that it is not enough cookie. So how do you solve that? Well just stuff it with an Oreo, of course!
If you have ever looked at Pinterest, I’m sure you have seen these monsterous cookies. Everyone seems to have their own version.
And why not? They surprisingly easy and very versitile. Just grab your favorite chocolate chip cookie receipe and smoosh it around an Oreo, then bake until done. It’s that easy. Really.
But like I said, get creative, use your favorite recipe. I’m thinking an Oreo stuffed peanut butter chocolate chip cookie would be mighty tasty.
Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe adapted from Picky Palate
Hands-on time: 25 minutes; Total time: 40 minutes
Makes 24 gigantic cookies
- 2 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 t salt
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 C (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 C light brown sugar
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 – 2 C semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 Oreos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until smooth. Add eggs one at a time and mix until combined. Add vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add flour mixture. Do not overmix. Add chocolate chips
- Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, press about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough on the bottom of an Oreo. Put another tablespoon on the top. Smoosh the dough together around the sides so the dough is sealed around the Oreo. (See picture below for more help!)
- Repeat with remaining Oreos.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool on pan, then move to a wire rack.
These are especially delicious still warm from the oven when the Oreo is melted and extra chocolately!
Enjoy for up to 3 days if stored in an airtight container.