Delicious pastries, fresh strawberries, sunshine – pretty much a perfect Saturday morning in my opinion. I started the gorgeous day by wandering through the rows of Farmer’s Market booths, picking up some lemon cucumbers and a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Once I got a little hungry, I knew it was a great opportunity to try a new bakery! Everything on display at the Delphina’s Bakery booth looked incredible and I had seen their breads before but never tried them, so I thought it was a perfect place for my breakfast treats.
I got myself a Lemon Poppy Seed scone since lemon poppy seed anything is pretty much my favorite and at the recommendation of the nice, helpful sales girl, I got the Caramel Roll. It was truly fantastic – I seriously went “yummmm” as I bit into the fluffy and flaky dough. This is baking at its best.
After being open and locally owned since 1983, Delphina’s has truly perfected the art of bread making and pastry baking. Whether you check out their cafe in NE Portland or stop by their Farmer’s Market booth, you definitely won’t be disappointed. I certainly am excited to go back and get more treats again soon… in fact, I enjoyed my Caramel Roll so much, I went to back to the Farmer’s Market and specifically Delphina’s a second time on Saturday. Sometimes places are so good, you just don’t want to leave!
What I Got:
- Caramel Roll: Amazingly delicious pastry – fluffy and buttery, the dough tastes like a croissant but with added sticky caramel. The outside layers are the best as they are coated with the sweet caramel.
- Lemon Poppy Seed Scone: Super lemony flavor fills this soft, light scone which is topped with a sugar lemon glaze. It is pretty sweet so be sure to a fresh cup of coffee or a glass of milk handy!
- Roasted Garlic Loaf: Softer crust than a baguette, this freshly baked bread has great flavor especially with the chunks of roasted garlic.
- Café Hours: Mon-Fri: 6am-4pm; Sat-Sun: 8am-2pm
- Lunch Available: Their café also serves great sandwiches, salads and soups!
- PSU Farmer’s Market: Saturdays 8:30am-2pm at SW Park & Montgomery
- Hollywood Farmer’s Market: Saturdays 8am-1pm until November at NE Hancock between 44th and 45th Ave
- Delphina’s breads are also sold at Whole Foods, Food Front, Peet’s Coffee, and other locations