I finished my marathon! Woo hoo! The first few hours went pretty well (yes absurd I was running that long) but then around Mile 22, my hips hurt and I was ready to sit down, and there were still 4.2 miles to go!
They are really quick and easy, which was perfect seeing that standing for longer than about 15 minutes is still hard for me today! They turned out delicious, slightly fudgy with a nice crisp when you get a piece of Oreo. They are not too rich, but definitely a glass of cold milk finishes off the perfect bite!
Here is the recipe, adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod:
Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies
Active Time: 15 minutes; Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: About 2 dozen medium sized cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped white chocolate
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crumbled Oreo cookies (place in a plastic bag and smash with a rolling pin)
2. In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugars in an electric mixer until smooth. Add in egg, then vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
4. Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks and Oreos. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Note: Two Peas & Their Pod recommend only baking for 8-10 minutes and having them be slightly under-baked so they are gooey and soft. I tried that method and also cooking them for longer. I personally enjoyed the crispness that the more fully baked cookies gave, especially when dunking in milk. Either are delicious – just personal preference!
Hope you all enjoyed National Eat an Oreo Day as much as I did 🙂
A full bakery review coming atcha tomorrow!