Yesterday (July 24th) marked Brice and my two-year wedding anniversary! It’s crazy how quickly time flies! Our wedding day was amazing – our closest friends and family, the most beautiful venue at Garden Vineyards just outside of Portland, and fantastic food! In particular, our wedding cake was spectacular – a three-tiered, beautiful and delicious cake from Beaverton Bakery. We had three incredible flavors – Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting, Chocolate Fudge with Ganache and Raspberry Jam, and Poppyseed with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting and Raspberry Jam.
While wedding planning I heard that often times the bride and groom are so frantic on the day of that they don’t eat dinner or their cake. I was determined that would not happen. I honestly had one of my bridesmaids on “cake duty” to make sure I got a piece of each kind of cake! Some wedding cakes just don’t seem to be that great, they are dry and/or you can tell they weren’t fresh. But Beaverton Bakery on the other hand makes incredible cakes that will not let you down – each kind was unbelievably delicious, in particular the poppyseed layer.
They have more than just great wedding cakes. When I was growing up, my brother and my birthday cakes were always from Beaverton Bakery. Their Apple Cinnamon bread is so good when toasted and topped with butter. Their iced cookies are delicious and adorable. Their pastries, including pecan sticky rolls and raspberry danishes, are a great addition to any breakfast or brunch.
What to Get:
- Poppyseed Cake with Raspberry Filling and Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting: Heaven on a plate, basically. Moist, delicious cake layered between sweet raspberry jam, then topped with a generous portion of rich, lemony cream cheese frosting.
- Apple Cinnamon bread: Loaf of delicious fresh bread loaded with cinnamon, chopped apple pieces and frosting over the crust. Use this bread to make French Toast to really start your morning out great.
- Chocolate and White Marble Cake: Both chocolate and vanilla cakes swirled together and layered AND topped with fudge and cream cheese frosting.
- Hours: Mon-Sat: 6am – 6pm; Sun: 9am – 3pm
- Lake Oswego Location: Their other location is right off I-5’s Lower Boones Ferry Rd/Durham exit at 16857 SW 65th Ave
- PDX Airport Location: There also is a Beaverton Bakery cafe located in the PDX airport before security, so you can pick up some treats before hopping on a flight!