The five of us had a “team” pre-race dinner tonight that was incredible – fresh pasta with homemade tomato sauce, eggplant and chicken parmesan, spinach salad, quinoa salad, and garlic bread. Yummy! If only I could eat like this every day (without having to run 26.2 miles every day, of course)!
Sour Cream Lemon Pound Cake
Active Time: 35 minutes; Cooking Time: 2 hours and 5 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon flour (or dry breadcrumbs)
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter (1.5 sticks), softened
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (8-ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- Frosting: 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Frosting: 1 cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350°.
Coat a 10-inch bundt or tube pan with cooking spray, and dust with 1 tablespoon of flour (knocking off any excess).
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Beat the butter in a large bowl at medium speed of a mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add the granulated sugar and lemon zest, beating until well-blended.
Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon zest and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; beat 30 seconds. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with sour cream, beating at low speed, beginning and ending with flour mixture.