Conveniently our girls night dinner tonight was right across the street from Pix Patisserie and knowing of my Bakery Bingo list of places to visit, my friends were more than happy to stroll over for dessert. The French-inspired café has a great, fun decor – funky red wallpaper, old movie posters and a monkey theme as evidenced by stuffed animal monkeys and monkey tablecloths.
Most fun was the large pastry case filled with unique and elaborately designed desserts. We stood in front of the dessert case for about a good 8 or 9 minutes trying to figure out what to order. It was like a kid in a candy store – just now we’re somewhat older and have better sugary treats to choose from. The waiter said his current favorite is the Shazam! So of course, with a name like that, we had to try it, plus it looked and sounded incredible: chocolate artistically molded around caramel mousse – yum!
As a lover of Nutella hazelnut cocoa spread, when I saw a little sign that Pix made their own Nutella, I quickly added that and a croissant to our list of desserts. While not quite like Nutella as it was more of a rich chocolate caramel sauce with a hint of hazelnut, it was so delicious we were eating it by the spoonful.
What to Get:
- Shazam! Chocolate almond cake, caramel mousse and salty caramel right in the center.
- Tarte au Citron: Tart lemon flavored custard on top of sweet shortbread crust – as my friend put it, this is like a “more impressive, beautiful and fancy lemon square.”
- Pix’s Homemade Nutella: More like a chocolate, caramel sauce. It is great on a fresh croissant but would also be delicious drizzled over ice cream.
- Hours: Daily 2pm-2am
- Seating: Several tables inside – including the fun monkey one shown below. There are also many tables outside.
- Alcoholic Drinks Too: As possibly assumed with their hours, Pix has a liquor license and has a plentiful wine and beer selection to pair with your dessert