Update: Saint Cupcake has moved its baking operations to the Saint Cupcake Galore location:
Looking for some delicious cupcakes? This is the place to go.
I found Saint Cupcake back in 2007 and have been in cupcake heaven ever since. One of my running buddies and I would go on a run through the Pearl District then end at saint cupcake to get post-run sweets – that might be a little counterproductive, but hey that’s why I go running!
I even shipped my brother who lives in Maryland some saint cupcake treats for his birthday last year, since I really wanted him to experience these quality cupcakes. They shipped them overnight in this cute “make your own cupcake” type kit that included all the necessary pieces for the cupcakes I had ordered him – the cream cheese frosting in one little container, the toasted coconut in another, and then of course the little cupcake. That way the cupcake tasted just as fresh and delicious as when I walk into their store on NW 17th. I loved being able to share one of my favorite places in Portland with someone who doesn’t live here! (Note: according to Saint Cupcake’s website, their online shop is on hiatus during the summer – so for now, you’ll just have to stop in the actual store.)
There are three things I like most about saint cupcake:
1) The cake in their cupcakes is incredibly moist, unlike some other cupcakes around town. This piece of the cupcake is so important and saint cupcake does it just right. 2) Their cream cheese frosting is to die for- creamy and sweet, I could seriously eat it by itself by the spoonful. 3) Their mini cupcake size offering. That way you can sample all their 20+ flavors! They are about 2-3 bites, which is perfect. Their flavors are all really delicious and fun so it really is hard for me to choose just one kind. With the mini sizes, I don’t have to!
What to Get:
- Toasted Coconut Cream: I don’t really like coconut but this is fantastic- buttery vanilla cake with little toffee bits baked in, that incredible cream cheese frosting, and then toasted coconut on top which gives a delightful crunch.
- Pumpkin Spice: I really love pumpkin anything and this is no exception. The flavors of cinnamon and nutmeg are great and of course it’s topped with their vanilla cream cheese frosting to make it even better.
- Fat Elvis: This little guy combines all the right ingredients – banana, chocolate and peanut butter! It’s decadent but not overwhelming. It’s something I think Elvis would certainly approve of! Plus it comes with a little banana chip on top – cute and tasty.
- Some milk to go along with your treats! 🙂
- Hours: Mon-Fri: 8am-7pm; Sat: 9am-7pm; Sun: 9am-5pm
- Vegan? Don’t worry – they have you covered! I am not vegan, but these are pretty delicious as well.
- Other Locations: Their second location is at 3300 SE Belmont & 33rd, another location opening soon at SW 12th & Morrison
Update: Saint Cupcake owner, Jami Curl, had great things to share with me! Check out the post here!